My entry for the Lexus IS Design Contest. I went with a design that's exaggerates the existing body work, while adding elements that push its bold and provocative styling further.
- Aggressive new front and rear fascias
- Fender intake with bold side skirts
- Black chrome accents
- Smoked taillights and darkened headlights
- Larger 10-spoke black rims on low-profile performance tires
- Ice Silver metallic paint
This was a ton of fun, and while my process was a little roundabout, I'm happy with the result. I sketched over the photos, created vector outlines, then painted it. I modeled the rims in 3D, which was the most difficult part of the process, trying to get the lighting of the models to match. But yeah, I really enjoyed this project, since I'm a huge car buff. Plus it was enjoyable to work on something different.